**About The Brand**
At Karl Lagerfeld, we are driven by Karl’s mantra: “Embrace the present and invent the future.”
Always contemporary and forward-looking, the House of KARL LAGERFELD shares the creative vision and design aesthetic of its iconic founder, Karl Lagerfeld.
We are the only fashion house that carries Karl’s name on its door and we strive to live up to this responsibility in everything we do, every day, with the utmost joy and passion.
Our headquarters in Paris and in Amsterdam are home to a highly diverse and driven team of KARL family members that hail from over 25 countries. Together, we aim to create meaningful stories and product concepts that connect to Karl’s world and iconic attributes.
Women’s ready-to-wear, bags, small leather goods and underwear are managed directly from our Amsterdam headquarters, while other categories, including menswear, footwear, fragrances, eyewear and more, are developed with best-in-class licensing partners.
We connect with our consumers on multiple levels, ensuring that our online and offline approach goes hand in hand. We thrive to maximize consumer engagement via more than 200 KL stores worldwide, our premium wholesale partners, and our strong digital footprint, spearheaded by our KARL.COM flagship store, which reaches 96 countries. Our digital channels currently represent more than 30% of our overall full-price business.
We are a dynamic, fast-growing and inclusive company built on professionalism and strong values. At KARL LAGERFELD we’re committed to working toward the highest standards of sustainability and integrity across all areas of our business,. In 2019, KARL LAGERFELD joined as a founding member of the Fashion Pact, a global sustainability initiative seeking to transform the fashion industry through objectives in three areas: climate, biodiversity and ocean protection.
The Brand Marketing Specialist will be mainly focusing on brand- and product marketing and will be supporting seasonal briefings, content creation and other related materials as well as support creative productions with a focus on KARL LAGERFELD Licensing projects and the KARL LAGERFELD JEANS brand. Furthermore, the Specialist will be responsible for the continuous update and evolution of brand presentations and other brand materials and ensure to keep these are updated in line with the most recent developments. The role will ensure that the best (creative) work is delivered on time and on budget. The role will support the Marketing Director and Senior Brand Marketing Specialist to brief in seasonal campaign roll outs and collaboration into different channel leads to ensure a successful implementation and roll-out and will work on smaller scale briefings for brand materials autonomously. The Specialist will also be responsible for planning, managing and rolling out smaller scale 360 projects for KL JEANS and Licensing projects. The role will report to the Director Brand Marketing.
As this is a very hands-on role, you are a responsible team player and can be relied upon as the ‘go-to’ person with a ‘can-do’ attitude. You work well in a fast paced environment, are flexible and enjoy cross-functional works streams and can manage different stakeholders across different business units well. Having (fashion-) experience in an in-house marketing team, brand-marketing or media agency/design studio is appreciated. You fully understand the importance of balancing workflow and process within a creative environment and can translate the business needs into requirements for creative output. Moreover, you are keen to understand the business implications of the respective projects, are confident with KPI’s and have existing knowledge in how to realize these with a creative mindset and forward-thinking spirit.
* Manage and drive the creation, continuous updates and evolution of all brand materials for all internal and external channels including brand presentation, brand video and other seasonal brand deliverables with a focus on but not limited to the KL JEANS brand.
* Manage Licensee briefings and rollouts of creative productions for seasonal, ad hoc and/or new projects as requested and manage the communication across different stakeholders.
* Translate business needs and objectives into comprehensive Marketing briefings for the creative team and liaise with respective stakeholders.
* Proactively collaborate with the Licensing team for all upcoming creative content productions and translate this into the overarching brand marketing requirements.
* Support the whole production and execution for seasonal Line Openings in cooperation with cross-functional teams and creative teams with a focus on Licensing.
* Support Licensing collaborations and other brand initiatives from beginning to end.
* Support the team with seasonal creative content productions, market research and benchmark analysis.
* Develop seasonal campaign guidelines and manage the post-production schedule.
* Oversee the seasonal content creative calendar for KL JEANS.
* Request and negotiate project estimates with external vendors and reconcile invoices against agreed-upon rates.
* Ensure timelines are being followed and manage expectations around delays.
* Create basic brand marketing material without external support.
* 2-3 years of relevant experience, ideally in an in-house (brand-) marketing team, media agency, or in-house agency; fashion experience is key.
* Strong project management skills with the ability to effectively manage and prioritize multiple, concurrent projects through to completion.
* Outstanding stakeholder management and people skills.
* Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to build and maintain strong professional partnerships within and across the team.
* Critical eye for creative works and interested in the industry updates.
* Keen attention to detail.
* Positive attitude, teamwork-oriented, reliable and focused on deliverables.
* Creative problem-solver.
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
* Strong vendor management and negotiation skills.
* Very good knowledge using Microsoft PowerPoint and great ability to build presentations.
* Basic knowledge of graphic design to complete smaller projects (Photoshop, InDesign).
* Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degree in Marketing/Economics/Management and/or Communication is a plus..
* A good eye and passion for aesthetics and creative work are a plus.
* English is the working language of the company. French is an advantage.
* Experience in creative project management and/or graphic design is helpful for this role.
Why #TEAMKARL? (HQ)
* Learning and development courses/trainings
* Friday drinks, legendary Summer & Christmas parties
* Opportunity to make an impact
* Remote working arrangements
* Relocation Package
* Bonus holidays
* Working in the heart of Amsterdam
* Brand discounts
* And exclusive sample sales only for #TEAMKARL
The collective vision of KARL LAGERFELD is to be the most connected global designer brand, inspiring consumers through luxury collections and immersing them in the World of KARL. If you are interested in joining #TEAMKARL, we invite you to submit your application today.
_At #TEAMKARL, everyone has the freedom to give their opinion, grow in their career and be part of a genuinely caring and inclusive team. We welcome people from all backgrounds, with different perspectives, ideas and experiences to work with us._