Coming up with unconventional ideas and original and innovative concepts is embossed in your DNA. Whether you are working on your own or in a team of driven, diverse and dedicated individuals, you have the dexterity for providing creative leadership for numerous kinds of projects and clients. As a lead, you inspire, organize and motivate the creative output of those around you; steering your team in the right direction, while also being an active part of the team.
**Goal of the position
Your output should contain big ideas, newsworthy activations, social content, video concepts and more, all connecting to a strong insightful idea for (global) brands such as Birra Moretti, Lipton, Barilla, Desperados & Samsung. You will oversee the whole process, review ideas and overview any kind of execution, like super strong social videos or visually striking images. Or do all of the latter yourself. You report to a Creative Director.
**What we expect from you
Are you the kind of senior creative who knows how to create memorable digital moments and headline-worthy campaigns? Are you someone who likes to pitch wild and original ideas together with a team of creatives or simply on your own? And do you have at least 5 years of relevant experience in digital advertising? Then we’re looking for you! Still enthusiastic? Please read on.
**What you can expect from us
At Boomerang we’re proud of our work, but we’re also extremely proud of our culture. Our team of creatives have a healthy dose of ego (let’s be honest, you need it in advertising), but we collaborate and work together on a notably deep level and believe in the power of letting people be – that’s how they thrive the most. We celebrate milestones. Or just the end of hectic weeks every Friday afternoon.
Boomerang has always been a community full of do’ers who try to take action for the causes they care about. We’re also a learning community with room for you to sprout, thrive, and discover what gets you amped up, what doesn’t, and any other hidden talents you might possess.
**A rundown of your responsibilities
As a creative
* Think of and create original and effective concepts and campaigns, within budget;
* Translate strategies into creative concepts;
* Come up with ideas for both existing and non- existing clients;
* Oversee the process of visualizing a concept to a high-quality result (Art Direction);
* Design communicative outputs.
As a lead
* Oversee a creative team on brand/project level;
* Handle the responsibility on multiple clients (A and B-level clients) and their deadlines;
* Lead kick-off, reviews and brainstorms with inspiration and examples;
* Brief a creative team;
* Work together closely with strategy, project and account;
* Make other ideas stronger and better, or turn them down in a constructive way;
* Lead a pitch-process;
* Oversee budgets.
As a client contact
* Create presentations of the ideas and concepts, including sketches and mock-ups;
* Present ideas to clients on a Brand Manager level;
* You will be sparing with clients;
* Translate the clients’ wishes in terms of reach, effect and stated goals into a concise proposal.
**Competences & Qualities
* Actively brainstorm and conceptualize with team members as well as have the ability to self-direct;
* Attention to detail is critical, as is communicating effectively with the Creative Director and the rest of your team;
* Up to date on all things social;
* Strategically strong;
* Able to confront respectfully and escalate timely;
* Creative problem solver and able to manage multiple projects at once;
* Resistant to stress, positively critical, punctual and solution oriented;
* Able to lead a team;
* You are good with words (short copy);
* Highly skilled in Adobe Creative Suite and Keynote.
**What do we have to offer?
* A team in which your skills & talents are fully utilized, and in which you learn a lot from experienced teammates
* The opportunity to continue to develop yourself through cooperation with and within all our departments, and also the option to follow courses and workshops. This way you always stay up-to-date;
* Hybrid working policy according to a home working pattern in which the home working days are coordinated with your team members.
* Work Your World Program: the opportunity to work elsewhere in the world for 6 weeks;
* A super cozy workplace with a roof terrace, our office in Amsterdam North exudes creative and dynamic energy;
* Tasty lunches and drinks (the Thirsty Thursday’s & the famous Friday afternoon drinks) with the bustling city life within walking distance. And parties you’re probably still talking about years later;
* And very important: an inclusive work environment where everyone feels heard, valued and respected.